Learn how to suggest a feature.
CanJS uses GitHub Issues to track feature requests. However, CanJS is made up of many individual GitHub repositories. Ideally, features are created within the repository whose code needs to be modified. For example, features with can-define can be created at canjs/can-define/issues/new.
If you do not know which repository your feature belongs to, that’s totally ok! Please create your issue in the main canjs/canjs issues page. The core team will move the issue to the correct repository if necessary.
When creating a feature issue, it’s very helpful to include:
- Examples of what using the feature will look like.
- Benefits and drawbacks of the feature.
- Why the feature is important.
- Any implementation details around the feature.
Here’s some example well-written feature requests:
- Make events fire asynchronously and dispatched during request animation frame or setImmediate
- Modify key -> argument behavior in stache
Also, please search for previous feature requests. If there’s something similar, add to that, or give it a 👍.